Suppose yourself as a store owner. You’ve been running your shop for around five years and through your time, studied the ins and outs of your buyers’ needs and wants. So, you always are the first one, among your competitors, to keep the shelves stocked with the right products at the right time.
However, gradually youfind yourself alone behind the counter with no customers walking in. So, you walk outside your neighborhood and alas! You see a huge line going into a huge store with dazzling lights and decorations. The store sells twice the number of products that you do at a lesser price and provides more incentives to its customers. Hence arrive the era of supermarket and out goes your five years of study.
“Consumer behavior is dynamic. It always shifts, even more so in the digital age,and it is the job of marketers worth their salt to keep up with the changing trends with right solutions at the ready.” – Digital Googly US, a digital marketing agency in New Jersey.
In 2022 consumer behavior is yet again going through a major transformation and according to a study conducted by Google Ads, here are the three aspects that digital marketers should focus onin 2022 –
I. Automation – A Solution to Changing Consumer Behavior
According to Google Ads, automation is the future of online advertising. Under automation, the search engine giant is prioritizing two ad campaign types – Performance Max and Discovery.
Performance Max: It is a campaign type that automates campaign targeting and delivery based on the information provided by advertisers.
Discovery Ads: These are visually appealing and tailored advertisements on YouTube, Google, and Gmail apps. The advertisements are intended to target audiences when they are most likely to find new products and services.
We at Digital Googly US, a digital marketing company in New Jersey, tried these ad campaign types, and these are the advantages that we experienced first-hand:
- More campaign management simplicity
- Reach through multiple channels
- Increased ad inventory
- Increased Conversions.
II. Privacy Safe Measurement – A Solution to Recent Privacy Changes
We talked to many PPC companies in New Jersey, and all of them opined that with the gradual removal of third-party cookies by search engines, new approaches to measurement like first-party data gathering will be critical for success. First-party data is information you collect from customers, site visitors, and app users when they interact with your products and services.
Marketing efforts always need the backing of credible data. Therefore, marketers who solely rely on third-party cookies will find themselves at a significant loss with the changing privacy laws.
Therefore, digital marketing agencies should combine consented first-party data with insights from Google’s new, privacy-safe solutions like –
- Enhanced conversions – It is a feature that improves the accuracy of conversion measurement. Conversion measurement aims to measure and track how prospects interact with your digital marketing and whether they are converting or at least taking action after learning about your offer, product, or service.
- Conversion modeling – The feature uses machine learning. It fills the gaps when conversions cannot be directly linked to ad interactions leading to more accurate reporting and optimization.
- Consent mode – It allows you to adjust the behavior of your Google tags based on whether your prospects allow or disallow tracking. Tags are snippets of codes used to measure and track conversions. The Google tags adapt dynamically and only utilize measurement tools for specified purposes when the user consents to be tracked.
- Data-driven attribution – The feature gives credit for conversions based on how people engage with your multiple ads. It uses data from your account and determines which ads, keywords, and campaigns have the greatest impact on your business goals.
According to the PPC experts of Digital Google US, a digital marketing agency in New Jersey,these solutions aim to respect the users’ privacy while catering to the needs of advertisers to track campaign efforts.
III. Build Meaningful Relationshipswith Consumers–A Solution to Address Privacy Concerns
Shift in consumer expectations pose a challenge to the digital marketing companiesto find safer ways to show ads and measure campaigns.
According to Google Ads, the only solution is to meet your customers where they are and build meaningful relationships in a privacy-safe way.
A great example of such an approach is PepsiCo’s loyalty programs which were designed to deliver clear value to its customers in exchange for consented data. The data gathered from the customers was used to provide them personalized experiences, like instant offers and recipes. PepsiCo, through this approach, showed consumers that their choices matter while protecting their privacy; it also increased their ROI to 200% for some campaigns.