Market research is a key aspect of every successful business plan. All the sectors have become more competitive, which is why acquiring even the smallest advantage is essential. When it comes to SEO, you must first figure out what your clients want so that you can satisfy them. One of the leading SEO companies in New Jersey wanted to highlight how they conduct market research for an SEO campaign. They’ll talk about content research because it’s one of the most important aspects of SEO. You will obtain a better grasp of what your target group need if you take the time to conduct research.
How to Perform Market Research
A combination of the following market research methods should be employed for your SEO campaign:
- Interviews – Interviewing clients or experts in a field can take various forms, including phone conversations or emails, and are a great way to get new, unique information.
- Online surveys – These are one of the most common research approaches because there are several instruments that allow a company to receive timely information rapidly.
- Focus Groups – Focus groups, like surveys, can provide a lot of timely information while also allowing for give-and-take and a deeper dig into topics for which you might not have developed survey questions.
- Customer Observation — Observing client behavior has always been a popular research strategy and it can now be done online utilizing web analytics to better understand customer behaviors and movements. Heatmaps are critical for determining where customers click and what they are looking at the most.
- Customer Data – A company will accumulate information to uncover past trends such as key purchasing periods, so customer data is frequently considered a secondary source.
- Industry Data – With various types of information, reports are essential for understanding the industry as a whole.
- Competitor Data – Similar to customer data, competitor data can provide insight into your industry’s specialized niche, says a marketing professional of the SEO service provider in New Jersey. It’s a good idea to look at the websites of your main competitors to get a better idea of what they’re doing.
What do you do with the Data you’ve Collected
- Create Buyer Personas – Buyer personas are a fantastic marketing tool. They should be categorized by age, gender, geography, and purchase habits, and based on current customer data. Each of these personalities will have distinct goals, desires, and motivations. The first step in developing amazing content that resonates is to figure out who the material is for.
- Keyword Research — There are a variety of tools available to help you uncover keywords that prospective clients are using in their search queries. Tools like Keyword Tool, Ubersuggest by Neil Patel, and SERPs Keyword Database can all help you uncover popular keywords.
- Select Keywords — Create a list of prospective keywords, then categorize them based on the user’s intent, such as delivering information, navigating to a specific location, or transactional.
- Consider the Problems – Always keep in mind the pain areas when collecting data via customer surveys and other direct-consumer-interaction methods. These are important tidbits of data that can be translated into content in the form of solutions to problems.
- Create content – Create very specialized content to satisfy the demands of clients using buyer personas and keywords.
When it comes to establishing successful campaigns, any decent digital agency will tell you how important market research is. However, the best SEO marketing agency in New Jersey is also willing to teach you how to conduct market research for an SEO strategy.